Saturday, June 11, 2011

Friendship Park - West Bridgewater MA

                  Although Friendship Park in West Bridgewater MA isn’t a hiking trail I felt the need to post it along with some pictures. I absolutely love this park. It is a great spot to bring kids, your dog, and even have a picnic. I have been coming to this park since I was little and my Nana would bring me. She always brought a few pennies with her so I could throw them in the wishing well. Now I walk my dog here at least twice a week and she loves it. There are so many places for her to explore.
                  The park has an extremely long history which makes it that much cooler when you’re walking around and actually seeing signs of how it was once used by Native Americans. In 1649 Myles Standish purchased the land from the Massasoit Indians as part of the Bridgewater purchase.
                  The town of West Bridgewater has done a great job taking care of the park and adding features such as bridges over streams and other key features while at the same time keeping the historical pieces intact.
                  If you are ever in the area this is a must see. Its not the biggest park but what it lacks in overall size it makes up for in character and history. The address is 50 River street, West Bridgewater MA 02379.
   

                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment